Thursday, August 04, 2005

Pucci, Pucci...Who the Pucc is Pucci



Pucci - spelt Poo- Chh-ee like Gucci is what you call an insect in Tamil.





It was my first day in Time in TNagar. Having managed to get out of office (CTS then) early, to attend GD PI classes in T Nagar, I found myself seated in the first GD of my life. The topic was something to do with the United Nations, and its performance or the lack of the same. As with most quiet people ( ;) ) I found myself unwilling to participate and was content with my seeming lack of content. And then I saw this creature -- a Lean, Mean stick-like creature with legs too long for his trousers, seated at the edge of his seat, aggressive look on his face talking animatedly. I tuned off. Something about this guy was just not right. And with every swing of the fan, he appeared to be getting closer to falling off his seat.
I have this (irritating to some) habit, of associating most people with animals/birds/non human thing-dings - I call that animal instinct and basically it consists of doing a mental morph of the person to do a match with mental morphs of non human thing-dings - will probably elaborate on it, some time later.
For reasons quite obvious (if you know him / have seen him walk the walk and talk the talk), this guy reminded me of an insect, at that point, I reckoned he was a praying mantis - and I decided I'd call him Pucci.
The name Pucci has caught on since then and has acquired decent brand value of its own - with the 39-41st Batchers at IIMC but then I think, I'll elaborate on that a tad later.

The GD ended, and I resolved to shift to the Adyar centre of Time, where I'd meet more of IIT M junta, who'd be more passive, less agrro and basically more of my sort.
And shift I did, and found myself with a PGDCM call in IIM C.

New Hostel, IIM C, June 2003

After an eventful first day when we were taken for a ride by the porters and station master at Howrah, Mayur and I settled down in our rooms, and then went over to the common room to check out the magazines. And there I saw Pucci. Quick memories of an irritating character flooded my brain - and I tuned off to him. Interestingly, that was Mayur's first perception of him as well, and we figured -this was some one, best avoided. At that point, Pucci decided to wax eloquent about the Virtues of Tam Food, Filter Coffee and Tamil and crib about his deprived state, which did not really go down that well with us - adding to the eccentric evil image, we already had of him.

And little did both of us know, that this character would go on, to become one of our best friends.

And so I've decided to write about Pucci - and the memorable incidents involving Pucci in Joka. There are a lot of them, and I'm sure that as I continue to write, I'll remember a lot more.

The Pucci Chronicles

Pucci's 2 minute IIM L interview
Pucci and the Heat source
Pucci and the Beat up yellow taxi
Pucci's jewelery shopping
One bug bugs another -Pucci and ISG
Pucci's rousing reception on a girl's birthday
Pucci's first dink
Pucci shivers in Pizza hut
Zuk and Pucci

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I know him personally too...though met him only once :) Came over from Atticus' blog. Waiting for more posts :)

3:20 AM  
Blogger wookie said...

sounds like a hilarious ride.will come back.BTW like the title of the blog.came here thru Atticus.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...When cornered, confuse! :) This has always been my motto! :)

So, tell us more about Pucci! :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger 42510 said...

Thanks wookie,ostrich and L :)- Will come up with more dope on Pucci :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger apunama said...

hey m v prasanna--- good job:)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home